Various drugs are used to treat male prostatitis. Doctors can prescribe medicines for patients: suppositories, tablets, injections, and strengthen the treatment with vitamins. There are different classifications of prostate inflammation, so the doctor should choose the drug. The doctor will be able to classify the disease and choose the appropriate treatment.
Indications for drug use
How to treat prostatitis and what needs to be done for this? In order to get rid of the inflammation of the prostate, stop the development of the disease and avoid complications, it is necessary to classify it and then treat it.
There are several types of prostatitis, classified by cause. In this case, the treatment of various diseases has its own differences and characteristics.
Classification and treatment:
- The treatment of acute prostatitis is usually performed in an outpatient clinic, including antibiotic treatment (antibiotics) and anti-inflammatory drugs. If the patient has obvious signs of poisoning, diuretics should also be used.
- Chronic non-bacterial prostatitis: using complex therapy, the form of the disease is treated with antibiotics, alpha-blockers (to reduce the intensity of symptoms), herbs, and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- The treatment of chronic prostatitis in men includes the following drugs: antibiotics, alpha blockers, which help reduce organ swelling, anti-inflammatory drugs, and immunostimulants.
- Asymptomatic chronic prostatitis-there is no cure. Prescribe some drugs that can improve the function of the genitourinary system. This disease is dangerous because it is similar to prostate cancer (based on clinical symptoms).
When a person’s prostate becomes inflamed, certain symptoms appear. These signs, together with the results of analysis and research, can help doctors make a correct diagnosis for patients.
Types and forms of prostatitis drugs
Prostatitis can be cured with a variety of drugs, but complex treatments are most effective. This treatment includes the following drugs:
- Antibiotics (antibacterial agents that cause the death of pathogenic microorganisms);
- Alpha blockers (to reduce the severity of discomfort symptoms);
- Bioregulatory peptide (product based on bovine prostate);
- Hormonal drugs (stop the inflammatory process in the tissue);
- Muscle relaxants (reducing the tension of the perineal muscles);
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs);
- Antispasmodics (only used when the patient suffers from obvious pain syndrome);
- Phytotherapy (with diuretic and mild anti-inflammatory effects);
- Vitamins (enhance the immune system and activate the body's natural protective functions).
Antibiotic treatment of prostatitis
It is impossible to imagine medical treatment of prostatitis without using antibiotics. As antibiotic therapy, certain drugs can be prescribed to the patient, which will be prescribed by a specialist.
But prostatitis drugs are not only antibiotics, but also other drugs that have different effects on the human body.
Antibiotic therapy supplements
The treatment plan for prostate inflammation has its own characteristics. Although antibiotic treatment is essential, patients believe that the use of other drugs is an adjunct to treatment.
Drugs used to treat prostatitis:
- NSAID-Inflammation of prostate tissue. The course of treatment with these drugs may be long-term (up to 10-14 days), depending on the severity of symptoms.
- Hormones. But doctors have a special prejudice against hormones. The effectiveness of these drugs has been questioned because they will persist as long as the patient takes hormones. The main condition for appointment is that the traditional therapies using antibiotics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are ineffective.
- Alpha Blocker-Relax the muscles of the urethra and act on the sphincter of the bladder in the same way. Therefore, the severity of symptoms is reduced.
- Antispasmodics-The main reason for the appointment is severe pain. The most common cause of pain is cramps, so patients need to prescribe these drugs.
- Muscle relaxants zxb>-They act on the perineal muscles in a relaxing way. For prostatitis, they help alleviate the symptoms of discomfort. Antibiotic supplements were prescribed.
- Bioregulatory peptidesare drugs made from the prostate of cattle. They act as immunostimulants and activate the body's natural protective functions.
- Plant protection preparations-This concept includes water decoctions and herbal extracts, as well as useful plant extracts. And products made from natural ingredients.
In most cases, preference is given to compounds designed to stimulate the activity of the human immune system. In addition, the doctor may recommend that men take medication.
You can choose any other multivitamin, and urologists usually attribute the drugs they use with them to these drugs, and there is no doubt about their effectiveness.
Drugs used to treat male prostatitis
In the treatment of prostatitis, several types of drugs are uniformly prescribed. The difference affects not only the nature of the drug, but also its release form.
The urologist may prescribe the patient
- Prostatitis suppositories-or rectal suppositories, inserted directly into the rectum. The course of treatment ranges from 5 to 10 days.
- Instillationis a procedure in which an antibacterial solution is injected directly into the urethra to deliver it to the inflamed prostate tissue. The procedure is carried out in a hospital environment to improve the treatment effect.
- Intravenous or intramuscular injection-If the patient’s condition needs to be returned to normal as soon as possible, an injection is required.
- Tabletsare oral antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and even hormone drugs. The tablets form the basis of the treatment or supplement the treatment.
- Microcapsule cells-This process is not performed in the hospital. But within the framework of outpatient treatment, patients can resort to such procedures if necessary. The basis of microenemas is a decoction of herbs and useful plants. A folk method of treating this disease.
Medicines for prostatitis are cheap and effective
In the face of prostate inflammation, you can get rid of it without spending a lot of material costs. Home treatments that are not hospitalized should also be supervised by a urologist. But in order to deal with this disease, they used familiar and cheap drugs prescribed by doctors.
Useful herbal decoctions will also help strengthen the selected treatments, and they will replace expensive medicines made from herbs and plant extracts.
Combined treatment of prostatitis is effective. If the medicine is combined correctly, the patient will feel the effect of the intake in a short time. Therefore, this treatment is performed when prostatitis is suspected and specific symptoms are present.