Common male diseases such as prostatitis and adenoma often lead to dangerous consequences such as cancer and infertility if inadequate or untreated. This is why men should consult a doctor at the first symptom. Only specialists can choose effective treatments for adenomas and prostatitis. The use of folk remedies for prostate disease is permitted only in the initial stages of mild forms, if there are no complications. If prostatitis or adenoma is complex, severe, or becomes chronic, it can only be effectively treated with drugs.
When do you need medication for your prostate?
There are different ways to treat prostate disease. The best treatment for prostate adenomas and various forms of prostatitis can only be chosen by a doctor based on the cause, form, severity of the disease and the age of the patient.
Before choosing the best treatment for a prostate adenoma, physicians must rule out the need for surgery for the pathology. Medication is indicated if an affirmative answer is given to all of the following points:
- to rule out prostate cancer;
- The patient has no direct indication for surgical treatment of the disease;
- No adenoma protrudes into the ureteral lumen;
- It is necessary to consider the importance of maintaining sexual function in patients and whether to preserve sexual function during treatment;
- The man is not taking other medications for other medical conditions (reducing clotting, diuretics, etc. ).
Before treating the pathology and choosing the most effective drugs for prostate adenoma, physicians should conduct the following research:
- On ultrasound, assess residual urine volume and prostate volume;
- perform a urine output test;
- Assess the severity of the symptoms that are bothering the patient (problems with emptying urea or accumulation of urine) according to a symptom scale;
- It is important to have a clear list of comorbidities (stroke, heart disease, and diabetes).
Some men prefer folk remedies that are effective for prostate adenomas, but they don't always deliver the desired results. Really good natural or synthetic medicines will help you choose a doctor when a man contacts him complaining.
In the treatment of adenomas and prostatitis, a series of drugs with different effects are usually used:
- Antibiotics are prescribed if the pathology appears against the background of infectious lesions. These drugs destroy pathogenic microorganisms that cause disease. In infectious prostate disease, antibacterial agents of the following groups are usually prescribed:
- Alpha-blockers are used to relax the smooth muscles of the organs and promote the flow of urine.
- Antispasmodics and NSAIDs can stop inflammation and reduce muscle tone in the perineum and organs.
- Hormone therapy is given to reduce swelling, inflammation, and normalize urination.
- Herbs have complex actions (reduce inflammation and swelling, relieve pain, normalize organ function, prevent complications).