Prostatitis is a disorder of the urinary system characterized by the occurrence and development of local inflammation in the prostate tissue of men. The frequency of visits for this disease ranks first among urological diseases. Usually, male prostatitis begins to be troubled at the same time as the occurrence of other diseases of the reproductive system. Why does male disease develop so rapidly? What are the main causes of prostatitis in men?
According to the World Health Organization, 60-75% of men of childbearing age are faced with prostatitis. One-third of men on the app are diagnosed with the disorder, and 30% of them are under the age of 40. One in ten people on the planet experiences prostatitis in their lifetime.
Disease course characteristics
The clinical manifestations of prostatitis in men are varied and depend on the individual characteristics of the body, general health and lifestyle. In men 35-40 years old, prostatitis is asymptomatic. Almost a year later, the first signs of it were felt. In medicine, it is customary to distinguish two forms of the disease:
- stasis (non-infectious).
In the first case, the infection is confined to the pelvic organs, in the second - in the area of the prostate, blood circulation is blocked and the work of the glands is disturbed.
Factors that influence the development of the inflammatory process
Inflammation is characterized by acute and chronic courses. The acute form of the disease is accompanied by high fever, pain in the lumbar spine and sacrum, and discomfort in the reproductive organs. Acute prostatitis starts suddenly. Its appearance is caused by infections of the genitourinary system:
- Sexually Transmitted Infections.
Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli are the main pathogens causing the onset of the disease.
Prostate inflammation in young men: developmental causes and consequences
The disease first appears in the 30s and 40s. Prostatitis can be caused by Trichomonas, Chlamydia, Ureaplasma - pathogens that cause prostatitis.
Seeing a specialist is a difficult step. Young people are exacerbating the situation by being ashamed of their problems and delaying doctor visits. The infection spreads rapidly, accelerating the onset of prostate inflammation. Consequences of untimely prostate treatment in young men:
- Impaired urination:
- efficacy is questionable;
- Reproductive function is inhibited;
- more frequent recurrences of prostatitis;
- Calcification and scarring appear.
The appearance of the first symptoms of prostate inflammation should be a signal to contact a doctor. Take care of your health if you experience the following symptoms:
- The urge to urinate occurs more frequently;
- discomfort and pain when urinating;
- The urge to urinate does not go away after using the toilet;
- Weakened or disappeared erections;
- Less attractive to partner.
Ignoring these signs can lead to the fact that advanced prostatitis in men becomes chronic. The production of prostate secretions, which are part of sperm, is reduced.
Causes of prostatitis in men
Prostatitis is thought to be caused by an infection.
- route of infection. The main cause of prostatitis is the reproduction of microorganisms, which enter the bloodstream and spread throughout the body with the current. This is how a primary infection occurs. Secondary occurs when the inflammatory process is not detected in time and spreads. The pathological process that causes the appearance of prostatitis occurs in the urinary tract and is caused by intestinal diseases of the reproductive system. Infection occurs in two ways. Ascending occurs when an infection enters the prostate from the opening of the urethra. A descending pathway occurs when infected urine is the source of infection.
- Weak immune system. Irregular sleep-wake cycles, poor diet, alcohol and smoking, and chronic stress are causes of weakened immunity. He is incapable of fighting infectious agents.
- Violation of blood circulation. Inhibited blood circulation, which is the cause of disease flares, is the result of physical inactivity, poor heart function, and neurological disorders. The blood in the pelvic organs begins to circulate poorly. The result is hypoxia and inflammation of the prostate.
- Lack of regular intimacy and unprotected sex are the reasons for the development of prostatitis. Inflammation can occur due to lack or excess of intimacy. Young people who lead active lives suffer from a rapid decline in potency, hormonal imbalances, and glandular secretions. Intercourse interruption is one factor that adversely affects men's health.
- Prostate damage from vibration disease. Drivers often suffer from impaired prostate function due to constant vibration. This is a common cause of prostatitis in men.
- Alcoholism and smoking are causes of prostatitis. Scientifically proven: Systemic intoxication can cause prostate tissue to swell. If the immune barrier is weak, favorable conditions are created for the penetration of microorganisms.
- Nutritional characteristics. Foods treated with chemicals can trigger malignant tumors. After 50 years, prostate cancer is the leading cause of death in men.
- Phimosis is responsible for the development of inflammatory processes. This is a condition characterized by incomplete opening of the glans penis. Phimosis is common in newborns. In this case, phimosis is a birth defect. If treated promptly, it will go away after a few months. For an adult man, phimosis is a serious problem, not only physically but also psychologically. If the head of the penis is completely closed, fluid can build up under it, which is a good breeding ground for bacteria. Pathogenic microorganisms cause prostatitis. Treatment of phimosis in adulthood involves surgery.
- The presence of stones in the prostate is a prerequisite for the onset of inflammation.
- occupational disease.
- The pathological structure of the prostate may be the cause of inflammation, as prostatic secretions become stagnant in the urethra.
- hormone imbalance. Low hormone levels can affect your sex drive. Long-term lack of sex can lead to the formation of venous congestion.
Types and symptoms of disease
Advanced chronic prostatitis can develop into sepsis. Acute prostatitis is characterized by the following symptoms:
- A white discharge begins to appear in the urine.
Chronic prostatitis is a recurring form of the disease. Inflammatory foci are where microorganisms thrive, which colonize the urogenital tract and infect tissues. The consequence of not seeking medical attention in time is chronic cystitis.
Nine out of ten chronic prostatitis cases are the reason for a doctor visit. The reason is the same for men: infectious pathogens.
Chronic asymptomatic prostatitis: a cause in mature men
Chronic prostatitis described does not belong to any of the listed groups. It occurs because of physical characteristics that appear in older men. Patients do not complain about the severity of symptoms. A person can only learn about the presence of the disease through tests or surgery. Less commonly, it is diagnosed in patients over the age of forty. Causes of chronic prostatitis:
- Pathogenic microorganisms.
Chronic prostatitis caused by infection is difficult to treat with medication.
Congestive prostatitis occurs in young people when the glands are most active due to irregular sex. A reliable cause for its occurrence has not been determined. Distinguishing signs of congestive prostatitis:
- decreased libido;
- Lack of vivid carnival feeling;
- Weak erection;
- The desire to urinate is particularly pronounced in the morning;
- Difficulty urinating is almost invisible.
The cause of prostatitis is still not fully understood. It is known that men with somatic diseases are more prone to inflammatory processes:
- enteropathy, bowel disorders;
- Chronic bronchitis, ARVI;
- presence of lesions in other organs (dental caries, tonsillitis);
- Metastatic disease;
Pathogenic microorganisms invade tissues and form stasis. What is the cause of prostate infectious disease? Factors that lead to the spread of infection include:
- Systemic intoxication;
- uncomfortable, tight clothing;
- prolonged exposure to cold;
- Car travel is frequent.
Treatment of prostatitis: characteristics of treatment
Treatment of prostatitis is prescribed by a doctor according to the form and characteristics of the course of the disease. Consider the causes of prostatitis in men. In acute prostatitis, patients are prescribed antibiotics that can penetrate the diseased organ tissue. Chronic prostatitis is treated in a comprehensive manner, including medication, immunomodulators, prostate massage, and physical therapy. Nonbacterial chronic prostatitis is treated with a course of nonsteroidal drugs. In addition, medications with sedative properties are prescribed.
If the disease becomes severe, the prostate begins to change. There are abscesses, urinary system diseases, prostate sclerosis, and extensive edema.
Prostate adenomas are caused by untimely referral to a specialist. Regular visits to your urologist for prevention will help protect yourself. The disease affects an increasing number of young men. At age 30, the disease is easier to prevent than to cure. The precautionary rule is to exclude destructive factors. A man who is concerned about his health should lead a healthy lifestyle, exercise, wear comfortable underwear made from natural fabrics, avoid exposure to low and high temperatures, and monitor nutrition. Regular sex life is a prerequisite for maintaining male health. Knowing the cause of prostatitis and following simple rules, a person can maintain reproductive health for many years.